11 March 2011

My First PvP Loss

Hey all!

Lost my first ship today. It was an Ares Interceptor.

I'm of course mad about bringing down my corp's killboard, but I'd also like to say just how exciting it was! A corpmate and I were covering a gate into G-7 (in which an NC. Black Ops fleet had just hot-dropped), me in my 'ceptor, him in his Zealot. We saw Youeh (or something) pop into system. For a brief second, his Arazu appeared on overview, during which I tried to lock, but it was a no-go. He leaves local, so I head to MB, our hub system. I get in there and begin my search. I warp to the WLAR gate (our exit system) from 30km off to avoid the bubbles we have around the gate, though I do get stuck in them a little bit. I align towards the G-7 gate, not bothering to fire up the MWD. I get beyond the bubbles but delay jumping due to the pressing need of finishing off some Graeter's ice cream next to me (+10 if you know where that ice cream can be found).

When I turn back to my computer after like 10 seconds or something, I find that little countdown bar thinggy on my screen, which I thought meant he was locking me. "Oh, crap." I warp to the MB station, but can't! Okay, fire up my MWD II and get rolling at 4km a second. Doesn't work either. I frantically call for help in TS, and a German corpmate readies a rescue effort. I target the Arazu (with difficulty, because the overview keeps moving around due to his Warrior II's) and lay down the point and scram. Ironically, he's pointing and scramming me, which is my job as an Interceptor. I begin to orbit him, fire my small Blasters, and activate an energy transfer array (which is out of range). Damn. I'm into armor, and the oracle of TS tells me to align to station for a quick exit. I do, moving away at 300m/s, spamming my MWD. No such luck, though, I'm moving too slow. Eventually, my Ares dies a sad death, and the German arrives in time to destroy my wreck. I safely make it to station, and my heart begins to slow. I wished my killer a gf, told him it was my first loss, etc. He was nice about it and all, though I set him -10 so I can take revenge on his ass should I ever find it while flying a better ship.

So yeah, losing my first ship was fun.  I just wish it had happened in fleet combat rather than stupid accident.

I'd also like to take this time to express my distaste for for cloaky ships.  There needs to be a disadvantage to going invisible...

Fly safe!

-Stevie

PS- I voted for Ripard Teg for CSM.  You should, too!

2 comments:

  1. Did you mean a Nos module? Energy transfer array would have given your target capacitor! That wouldn't have been good!

    It's impressive that that is your first loss, expect many, many more along the bumpy road that is pvp :)

    MB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a Nos. Lol. Giving him cap would've been bad!

    ReplyDelete

Start the discussion. Please comment.