25 January 2011

I'm Back... No, Really

Dear Two Followers and EVE Online,

I am happy to make my triumphant return to EVE.  College stuff is done, and now it's just the long waiting until April 1st, when I will have all of my decisions.  For your information, I have applied to the following colleges and universities:
  • MIT (they deferred me in Early Action; first choice)
  • Harvard
  • Columbia
  • Stanford
  • Carnegie Mellon
  • Washington University in St. Louis
  • University of Virginia
  • Centre College
A pretty prestigious list, I know.  How do I plan to pay for it?  Centre, WashU, and UVA offer scholarships; at the rest, I would do ROTC.  But now that I've finished the life update, I'll talk about EVE.

Today was the first day in a long time that I've been able to do anything more than update my skills.  I ran a mission, made some ISK, and consolidated some of my stuff.  Pretty basic, but it's the first step to getting back into the game.

What about Incursion?  Well, I haven't been to any of the post-expansion events (though I went to one a few months ago), but I have thoroughly enjoyed the character creator.  Character customization is my favorite part of any and every video game, so needless to say, I was delighted by this.  I tried to make my character looks as much like me as possible, but I was turned off by a few things.  For one, there were too few hairstyles.  The one that most emulated me was the one that was the least "out there," so I feel that it will be little overused.  Also, why are we forced to wear makeup?  I know you can turn the opacity all the way down, but it's just kinda odd.  Along the lines of color, though, I feel that clothes should be completely customizable in regards to color.  The drab olive, camo, and black swatches were too run-of-the-mill.  Finally, although my character's chin was rather narrow, in portrait mode it got all big and fat.  So I look like a chub in my picture.

Anyway, that's all that I have to blog about now, but be ready for more posts and a Blog Banter.  For the latter, I'm not sure if I'll do the most recent one or just wait for next month's.  Dilemma...

Fly safe!

-Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start the discussion. Please comment.