05 September 2010

The Great Migration

As you learned about a week ago, I joined EVE University.  Wanting to be an active member of the corp and not being particularly happy with my slice of Caldari space around Jita, I moved down to their headquarters in Aldrat.  I sold everything nonessential, including my Tristan and Navitas, and went cruising through the galaxy in my Thorax.  I set up shop, bought a new Tristan, and then laid low for a few days.  Now that I was down here, I realized that there wasn't much to do.

Today, I decided that I'd take advantage of their Jump Clone program, having listened to a recorded lecture on the subject already.  I began to head up to Isikano, where the Uni has high standing with an out-of-the-way NPC corp.  On the way, the corp chat channel started buzzing with word of a Sansha's invasion of Urlen.  Intrigued, I fleeted up with three corp members and headed for the action.  After jumping into Urlen, I aligned for warp and appeared in the middle of a giant blob.  Red Sansha's vessels, mostly neutral players, and a bunch of yellow wrecks littered the screen.

The only useful fittings on my Tristan were the two blasters and the webifiers.  I started by webbing some Sansha's Tyrants, which I firmly believe allowed some people with real ships to kill them.  After that, I started focusing on Sansha's Loyal Raveners, which were webifieing my fellow capsuleers.  I would web them and then orbit at 500m, tearing them up with my blasters.  I did this to a couple ships, but while I was intently pecking away at my fleet chat box, I looked up to see that I was taking massive damage.  In a matter of seconds, I had gone to half armor.  I quickly activated my armor repairer, turned on the Afterburner, and warped to a station.  There, I quickly recovered and returned to the fight.  By the time I returned, it was over.  Apparently, a final Sansha's Carrier had come and been destroyed by the capsuleers.

I surveyed the battlefield, which was made almost entirely of yellow wrecks, which I could not have.  By scrutinizing the overview, however, I was able to find one white wreck from a Ravener that I had destroyed.  Overjoyed, I flew to it and found a shield recharger and some cap charges.  When I docked into the nearest station to log off, I found that I was the proud owner of a million ISK for bounties.  Lots of excitement with pay?!?  Overall, not a bad day.

Fly safe!

-Stevie

2 comments:

  1. hi!

    loving your blog so far, i'm kind of a new player myself, so finding a fellow capsuleer also learning the traits really makes me appreciate even more what i've been through in the early stages of my gameplay experience, also very enjoyable writing on your part of course =)
    keep up the good work and you too fly safe good sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the comment. It's a tough game to play, but I feel that, like wine, it will get better with age.

    ReplyDelete

Start the discussion. Please comment.