12 September 2010

The Road to PvP

EVE revolves around PvP.  Industrialists build ships to replace those lost in PvP, mission runners are usually PvP'ers making cash, and traders supply the PvP'ers.  CCP itself constantly stresses PvP as a means of advertising, but it is quite difficult for new players to get in on the action.  To jump-start the process, I signed up for the Ivy League Navy, EVE University's defense force.  I was initially wary about committing to a three month tour of duty, but I realize that it will take me about that long to get my PvP skills up to par.

If you're a regular reader, you know that I love to talk about my EVEMon skill plan.  I'm on my final learning skill right now.  I then move to training Cybernetics for some powerful new learning implants, Engineering for powergrid output, Mechanic for structure hitpoints, and Electronics for CPU output.  After these all-around skills are done, I start on Navigation and Gunnery skills.  By the time my 90-day tour of duty is up, I'll be able to fly Interceptors and Battlecruisers with more accurate and more powerful guns.

I haven't been on any roams with my battlegroup, but I hope to have cool stories once I do.

Fly safe!

-Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start the discussion. Please comment.