14 February 2011

CSM6: The Race So Far

The CSM6 election process has just gotten underway, and already many candidates have stepped up.  Inspired by Mynxee, I will tell you about my favorite candidates.  Consider this an early endorsement, though I don't think I am a famous enough blogger to actually endorse candidates...  We shall see.  Anyway, candidates:
  • Trebor Daehdoow.  The informed among you know that Trebor was a hard-working delegate on CSM5.  For those of you who are uninformed, you have been informed.  Trebor has made huge strides in giving us, the capsuleers, a voice in what the CSM asks for from CCP.  I feel that his actions on the behalf of the community, as well as his experience,  show that he is perfectly cut out for the job.  Also, Trebor conducted what I thought to be an exceedingly thoughtful and informative interview on the latest (or second latest?) Lost in Eve podcast.  The man knows his stuff, and if you know yours, you will vote for him.
  • Seleene.  Seleene is the CEO of the infamous Mercenary Coalition.  He has also worked as a developer at CCP.  I feel that the skill set Seleene brings to the table, along with his experience maneuvering around CCP, lends itself perfectly to a seat on CSM6.  Seleene's main priority is the iteration and balancing of current features, which we can all agree is desperately needed.  He also thinks that this will bring new content, though I am more skeptical about that.
  • Roc Wieler.  Wiz Khalifa comes to mind here, because with Roc, "You know who it is..."  Roc is famous for his excellent blogging and his Capsuleer app (soon to be updated, according to #tweetfleet).  What gets me the most excited about Roc, however, is his excellent kick-off blog post. He promises to be all about the community, and based on his track record, I believe him.  Also important is the fact that he promises not to "overpromise."  We all know CCP can be tough to work with, and Roc knows that, too.  He will shout down CCP with the community's voice, and where pertinent, he will bring up some of his own great ideas, detailed in the above-linked post.
So, I urge you all to gear up for election season and strongly consider these three candidates that I present to you.  Now, for that endorsement deal...

Fly safe!

-Stevie

Update: It seems that I lied about Roc's updated app...  I could have sworn I saw pictures of some EVE iPod app on tweetfleet, but my eyes do deceive me occasionally.

1 comment:

  1. I kindly appreciate your endorsement, as well as your compliments. For the record, sadly, Capsuleer is not being updated.

    ReplyDelete

Start the discussion. Please comment.