11 August 2010

Close Encounters of the Newb Kind

I am, at the moment, bored with EVE, because EVE-University has an odd interview queue process.  I can wait in the queue for an hour an end up in a spot behind the one where I started.  I guess it'll be a while before I can join them.

In the meantime, I have run off to do some agent missions.  I started one in Malkalen, and I was sent to pick up an Amarr diplomat at the Amarr-Caldari Mediation Center, which was luckily in my home system.  I warped to the Deadspace Encounter, activated the gate, and appeared near this huge, Star Wars-looking station.  I got within 500m of the station and tried unsuccessfully to open the cargo.  There was no cargo!  Meanwhile, a Republic Thrasher began to take potshots at me from 11km.  I ordered my Thorax to orbit him at 500m, because I was really itching to destroy him with my five Anode Particle Blasters.  I couldn't get within 10km to use my webifier, though.  I booted up the MWD to scoot in close, but "interference in the area" prevented me from activating it.  Okay, I thought, I can't kill him, but I can run.  Wrong!  I aligned for warp and began to drift into the structure.  Warp to Station.  Wrong!  My ship started moving up and down like a see-saw.  Okay, I'll just log off.

Now, I've only ever logged off in a station.  What will happen if I log off in space?  Log back on quickly, and he's still sniping.  By now, I'm below half armor (he's been at it for a while).  Try warping again, and...  Success. I return home and repair.  I contemplate buying a ship to go after him, but I just decide to try again.  This time, I notice a cargo container.  Perfect.  I roll up to and pick up the Amarr diplomat before my shields are even 1/4 depleted.  My reward was 30,000 ISK and 10 LP to the Caldari Navy.  Phooey!

That was too hard for a Level I mission.

Fly safe.

-Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start the discussion. Please comment.