25 August 2010

Long-Term Relationships

Out of all the video games out there, EVE probably requires the most commitment.  Second place would go to Animal Crossing, because if you want to do everything and collect every item, you have to play for at least one calendar year.

Anyway, I am preparing to enter into a long-term relationship with EVE.  Over the past few weeks, I've been developing a one-year skill plan.  I will be taking advantage of the two neural remaps offered to players in the first year.

In the next three weeks, I will have all basic learning skills at V and advanced ones at IV.  For the next six months after that, I will be training Navigation, Gunnery, and Spaceship Command skills.  I aim to be almost fully proficient in Hybrid Turrets and associated damage/tracking skills.  I want to be able to use MWD's to their full potential and use as little cap as necessary for both MWD's and the full-on Warp Drive.  As for ships, I will be able to fly Battlecruisers, Gallente Cruisers, and Interceptors.  This phase calls for crazy Perception and some Willpower.

In the second six months of my plan, I will be training rigging, resistance, and ship upgrading skills.  Jump Clones and Implants skills are on the list for V, as well as Targeting, Hull Upgrades, and Mechanic.  Here I need crazy Intelligence and some Memory.

I know it may seem silly to fly all the ships first and then worry about making them effective, but I have decided that I'd rather gain experience in an ineffective ship versus twiddling my thumbs in a Frigate or Cruiser for six months while it becomes incrementally more powerful.

It's odd to think that this endeavor could cost me $180 if I don't find a very effective way to make ISK.  I am, however, hopeful at he prospect of running some good missions or joining a good corp.

Fly safe!

-Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start the discussion. Please comment.