17 August 2010

Which Way Does It Shoot?

That seems to be the question I'm asking myself more and more.  I wanted to buy a Gallente ship, because they are, in my opinion, the coolest looking ships.  In addition to aesthetics, however, they use Hybrid Turrets, the small version of which I had already trained in my Caldari tutorial.  I am currently flying around a Thorax and attempting to use it as a blaster boat.  As we learned in my last post, however, it isn't working.  Even with an afterburner, I cannot get within the blasters' optimal range.  Even 500m outside their optimal range, they never hit!  Thus, I decided to try a rail gun.  It's optimal range was longer than it's accuracy fall-off, which seems kind of confusing.  When I orbit at 5,000m, I don't hit anything; when I orbit at 7,500m, I don't hit anything.  If I constantly switch between 5,000m and 7,500m, though, I will hit one shot whenever I cross a secret line.  Needless to say, this isn't working, so I am currently researching alternatives.  My next choice would be Caldari, because I already have Caldari Frigate trained to V.  Missiles don't appeal to me, though...  *sigh*  Life in EVE can be so stressful at times.

The good news: I'm moving up in the EVE University qeueu!  The bad news: in the time it's taken, I feel that I need them less and less...

Fly safe!

-Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start the discussion. Please comment.